Our Mortar Markers™ create the mortar/grout lines for hard-landscaping and tile effects, quickly and easily. Use on your boards and cakes.
The hybrid impression/cutting tool of the ‘V-Push’ Mortar Marker™ causes minimal displacement of sugar-paste or craft mediums.
Rotate, overlap and use in different directions. Experiment and use your imagination to create amazing effects.
The Herringbone Mortar Marker™ should used in the same direction for your whole project. This ensures continuity of the pattern.
How to use:
- Cover the cake board with an even layer of sugar-paste
- Use one of our texture mats to add interest or leave blank and smooth
- Push the Mortar Marker™ gently into the sugar-paste:
- Place the outer edge of the Mortar Marker™ into the outer edge of the previous mark, to repeat the pattern
- Push gently on the Mortar Marker™ where no pattern is present on your sugar-paste
V Push Mortar Markers™ are manufactured from a food contact safe material.
Clean your Mortar Marker™ with warm soapy water. Hot water may distort the thin parts. After each use, clean with a toothbrush and/or cold water sterilisation.
Size of Mortar Markers™: 4″ x 4″ (10.2cm x 10.2cm) approx
Our texture mats are available here: https://www.theoldpipingbag.co.uk/texture-mats/