Mortar Markers (Easy Boards). Choose from six designs.
Our Mortar Markers™ create the mortar/grout lines for hard-landscaping and tile effects, quickly and easily. Use on your boards and cakes.
The hybrid impression/cutting tool of the ‘V-Push’ Mortar Marker™ causes minimal displacement of sugar-paste or craft mediums.
Use them in conjunction with our ‘no match’ Texture Mats. Rotate, overlap and add texture and interest to your makes. No matching needed!
Rotate, overlap and use the Mortar Markers™ in different directions. They can be used as cutters and the shapes arranged to make boarders and frames. Cut and swap the pieces using different colours. Experiment and use your imagination to create amazing effects.
The Herringbone Mortar Marker™ should used in the same direction for your whole project. This ensures continuity of the pattern.
How to use:
- Cover the cake board with an even layer of sugar-paste
- Use one of our texture mats to add interest or leave blank and smooth
- Push the Mortar Marker™ gently into the sugar-paste:
- Place the outer edge of the Mortar Marker™ into the outer edge of the previous mark, to repeat the pattern or overlap a section of a previously marked piece
- Push gently on the Mortar Marker™ where no pattern is present on your sugar-paste
- The Block End Mortar Marker™ can be used as it is or overlap the squares to create smaller squares
- Decorate using sponge painting: Alcohol or dipping solution with a small amount of colouring works well. Add different colours and depths of colour to bring out the texture of our texture mats. Edible pens also help create amazing effects quickly and easily.
V Push Mortar Markers™ are manufactured from a food contact safe material.
Clean your Mortar Marker™ with warm soapy water. Hot water may distort the thin parts. After each use, clean with a toothbrush and/or cold water sterilisation.
Size of Mortar Markers™ :
4″ x 4″ (10.2cm x 10.2cm) approx (Multi, Octagon, Block End, Basketweave)
3″ x 3″ (7.6cm x 7.6cm) approx (Victorian Tile)
4 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ (12.5cm x 13cm) approx (Herringbone)
Our texture mats are available here: https://www.theoldpipingbag.co.uk/texture-mats/